Getting your tax done quickly and efficiently is par for the course at AC Accounting and Business Solutions. We know every (perfectly legit) trick in the book to ensure you receive the maximum return payment possible, and our in-depth understanding of your individual circumstances helps us formulate the best way to minimise your liabilities.
Now, we all know that turning up to your appointment unprepared is about as useful as a cat-flap in an elephant enclosure. So we’ve compiled this nifty list of all the info you’ll need to ensure we can lodge your tax return:
At a minimum, we require:
- Your Tax File Number (find this in a previous tax return, or some Australian Tax Office notices).
- Your banks account details (Account name, BSB and Account Number). The ATO now requires that all tax refunds be paid electronically into your bank account.
- Records relating to any investments in shares or rental properties.
We also ask that you bring the following:
- Your previous tax return (for new clients).
- Your PAYG Payments Summaries (or Group Certificates).
- Any receipts you kept from expenses that related to your work, such as:
- Mobile, home phone and internet (if you use them partly for work).
- Stationary, tools or equipment purchases that relate to your work.
- Union or professional association fees.
- Computer expense (if you used it partly for work).
- Professional magazines or trade publication purchases.
- Receipts from any charitable donations you made.
- Your accountant’s receipt for last year’s tax return (for new clients).
If you have any questions, please give us a call before your appointment on 03 5331 9333. We’ll be happy to help!